In the past, the process of food dehydration is done by placing sliced foods under the sun so they can be dried and preserved. Nowadays, food dehydrators come in handy, which allows us to dry foods anytime and anywhere. On this post, we will discuss the MAGIC MILL Professional Food Dehydrator and get to know what it offers.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will add value to my readers. For more information please read my disclaimer.
Unlike the traditional way of drying foods in which you will have to strategically arrange foods based on where the sun is, and manually adjust the trays to make sure they are all heated properly, the dehydrators these days are easier to use, and almost all functions are automatic. There are units which also come with a timer that automatically turns off when the process is complete.
Magic Mill Food Dehydrator Bundle: Does It Have What It Takes?
This dehydrator comes with a 19.5-hour timer and a digital thermostat ranging from 95 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit. It has a rear-mounted fan which promotes even drying and prevents overheating, and its automatic shutoff ensures that optimal temperature is used until the food reaches the desired crispiness.
It is spacious, and it comes with nine stainless steel trays which are adjustable to accommodate large food and a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. It has a horizontal airflow system, and it has a drying power of 600 watts.
- REAR MOUNT FAN FOR SUPPER HEAT DISTRIBUTION – DRIES FOOD EVENLY The electric dehydration machine is equipped with a rear-mounted drying fan and air flow circulation technology to promote even drying, there is no need to rotate the shelves as needed by other brands, monitor the dryer process easily with the transparent door window
- DIGITAL THERMOSTAT AND TIMER- AUTOMATIC SHUT OFF WHEN TIMER DONE -- An adjustable temperature and timer ensure you to have your delicious dehydrated food done to perfect at optimal temperature and exact timing; the Countdown timer will show you when it will be done, once done it will automatic shut off
- SPECIOUS ADJUSTABLE STAINLESS STEEL TRAYS – INCLUDED FRUIT ROLL TRAYS AND HANGING RACK FOR JERKY Use the trays for regular food and the mesh trays for smaller food as nuts and herbs, for fruit roll ups use the fruit leather sheet which can also be used for drip trays! , you will enjoy the special add-on of the hanging rack to simplify your making jerky process you can do a lot in one batch with the Magic Mill dehydration machine, this comes with 9 adjustable trays each tray is 13" X 12"
- EASY TO USE AND CLEAN - DISHWASHER SAFE TRAYS You want to dry Jerky, beef, herb, vegetable, fruit, granola, fruit leathers, bread crumbs, and for preserving herbs, flowers, and much more, cleaning is easy all trays and liner are dishwasher safe and the housing can be easily wiped down with a damp cloth
- SAFETY FEATURE / BPA FREE Overheat protection will activate if the dehydrator overheats. Built with food-grade – BPA Free material
Last update on 2020-02-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- It comes with nine stainless steel trays.
- It includes one fine mesh sheet, two non-stick fruit leather sheets, one hanging rack, and one set oven mitts.
- It has an automatic shutoff feature with a 19.5-hour timer.
- It comes with a digital thermostat ranging from 95 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It has a drying power of 600 watts.
- It has a transparent door.
- It has an overheating protection feature.
- Its nine stainless steel trays are durable and adjustable.
- It has a horizontal airflow drying system which allows heat and temperature to be distributed evenly.
- It has a 19.5-hour timer and an automatic shutoff feature once the cycle is complete.
- It has a digital thermostat ranging from 95 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit and a drying power of 600 watts.
- It has a transparent door which allows you to monitor the status of the food without interrupting the drying cycle.
- It only has a 19.5-hour timer capability.
Magic Mill Food Dehydrator Bundle: Summary of Features
The unit comes with nine stainless steel trays which are adjustable to accommodate large food items or a wide variety of food or vegetable choices in one drying cycle. It has a glass door which allows you to check the status of the food without the need to interrupt the process. It also includes an overheating protection system to make sure that it is safe to use and so your foods do not get burned.
Furthermore, it comes with an automatic shutoff feature, so it turns off when the process is completed. It has a 19.5-hour times capability, a digital thermostat of 95 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit, and a drying power is 600 watts. It also has a horizontal airflow system which allows for the heat and temperature to be evenly distributed and makes sure moisture is completely removed.
Its package includes one fine mesh sheet, two non-stick fruit leather sheets, one hanging rack, and one set oven mitts. The drip tray collects residues from the drying process. It is spacious and can accommodate six trays or up to six lbs of food in one dehydration cycle. It is also equipped with a rear-mounted drying fan with 400 watts power which aids in even drying and prevents overheating.
Comparison to Other Products
- 10 YEAR Limited Warranty
- CAPACITY: The 9-Tray electric food dehydrator has 15 square feet of drying space and offers plenty of space for your favorite snacks.
- TIME AND TEMPERATURE: Features a 26-hour timer and adjustable thermostat. The thermostat ranges from 105 degrees Fahrenheit to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature range is low enough to preserve active enzymes in fruits and vegetables and is also high enough to meet safety standards for dehydrating meat for jerky.
- PATENTED: Parallex Horizontal Airflow is exclusive to Excalibur and helps the food dehydrate faster, retain more nutrients and look and taste better, without tray rotation.
- EASY TO USE: Great for large families, gardeners, and sportsmen. Dehydrate fruits, vegetables, nuts, meat for jerky, fruit puree for fruit roll-ups, raise bread, make all natural pet treats, or make homemade yogurt.
- ACCESSORIES: Includes a flexible poly-screen tray inserts to prevent foods from sticking and trays do not need to be moved or rotated during operation.
- 110/120 Volts, 600 Watts
- Unit Dimensions: 12-1/2 H x 17 W x 19 D (inches)
- Made in USA
Last update on 2020-02-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator is a competitive product of the same genre. It comes with nine trays, a built-in on and off switch, and a 26-hour timer with an adjustable thermostat ranging from 105 to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. It also includes a poly-screen tray which prevents the food from sticking. Trays are adjustable and removable to accommodate large food items.
Another related item is the STX International Dehydrator which has a drying power of 600 watts. Its material makes it durable and strong, and its front door is heat-retentive. It comes with ten stainless steel trays which are dishwasher-safe, and are adjustable. Uniform drying is ensured with its rear-mounted motor and fan which also allows the horizontal flow of air. It has a 40-hour timer with an adjustable temperature ranging from 85 to 155 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Chefman Food Dehydrator is also a wise option with its nine adjustable plastic trays. It has a 19.5-hour timer and an adjustable thermostat ranging from 95 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit. It has a drying power of 600 watts, and it also comes with a transparent door which allows you to monitor and check the status of the food every now and then.
After a thorough research and review of the MAGIC MILL Professional Food Dehydrator, can we say that it has what it takes to be the perfect dehydrator for you? We can conclude that it is a very smart option since it offers a wide variety of features at a reasonable and competitive cost.
It already comes with nine adjustable and removable trays, an automatic shutoff with a 19.5-hour timer capability, and an adjustable thermostat ranging from 95 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has a horizontal airflow system which allows equal distribution of heat, and a transparent door so you can monitor and check the status of the food.
Meanwhile, the Excalibur 3926TB and STX International are expensive choices which come with nine trays and ten trays, respectively. Excalibur has timer capability of 26 hours while STX has a 40-hour timer set up. Both of them have an adjustable thermostat and have horizontal airflow system for even distribution of heat.
The cheapest option, however, is the Chefman Food Dehydrator which has nine adjustable trays. It has a 19.5-hour timer with an adjustable thermostat plus a transparent door which allows you to monitor and check the status of the food.
Overall, we can say that all these products are almost similar to one another, but they have added features to consider. Before you decide, it is critical to understand what you need so you can compare the features that these products come with and then you can pick the perfect one for you.