Dehydrators are an essential appliance for any kitchen. The right one can make everything from homemade dry fruits and jerky to store-bought snacks and desserts. Making dried fruits, jerky, and homemade dried foods has never been more straightforward with the Dash SmartStore dehydrator. Make dried fruit snacks for parties, cutlery, cookies, or trail mix. Explore new methods of preservation with built-in temperature controls and adjust the heat for various dehydrating choices.
Dash Smartstore Dehydrator
Five stackable BPA- free trays make ample room for dehydrating a huge variety of foods, and the trays collapse for quick storage. A temperature knob controls the heat in your dehydrators for a versatile array of pre-heated options, including low, medium, and high. The Smart Stores Dehydrators come with a 240- watt power supply in three different colors aqua, grey and red.
Take a look at this Dash dehydrator review and make an informed decision before purchasing one of these products.
Dash’s SmartStore food dehydrator didn’t get its name for nothing. It uses space-saving smart storage that puts it above the average food dehydrator that would otherwise take up far too much space in the kitchen. So how does this smart storage work? All you need to do is turn the five stackable trays and they’ll collapse into each other, helping you save an impressive 40% more storage space in your kitchen.
One of the great things about the SmartStore food dehydrator is that you can adjust the temperature to your liking, allowing you to create the perfect dehydrated snack. The operating temperature can be adjusted anywhere between 105°F and 165°F, which allows you to dehydrate a whole host of foods. It works great for meats, nuts, vegetables, and fruits.
The five stackable trays allow you to make as much or as little dehydrated food as your heart desires, so you’ll never have to worry about making too much or not making enough. Any tray you aren’t using can be removed and set aside, then added back to the SmartStore when you want to use it again.
Dash is passionate about helping people live a healthier lifestyle, which is why they have made their SmartStore food dehydrator as affordable as possible. It’s one of the more budget-friendly options on the market, so even if you’re working on a tight budget, you won’t have to worry about breaking the bank to get your hands on this dehydrator. And, in our opinion, it’s one of the most cost-effective food dehydrators on the market, especially considering the fantastic features that it offers.
- This dehydrator is made from plastic materials.
- One of the most noticeable pros is that it is effortless to clean up. There are five removable BPA- free trays, which are also dishwasher safe, allowing you to remove the dried fruits without much effort quickly. These trays collapse into each other, saving you space.
- The Dash dehydrator is designed in NYC in the USA. The customer service support is US-Based.
- Another pro is that it is very economical. You can save a lot of money if you use the Dash Smartstore dehydrator instead of buying several store-bought fruits or vegetables for your family to eat throughout the day. A high-end brand of dehydrators can cost you hundreds of dollars, whereas this one that costs less than $100 can serve the same purpose. In addition, it is much more convenient to use than the conventional way of drying fruits and vegetables.
- There are many uses for a dash food dehydrator besides drying out snacks. If you’re camping, you can make dehydrated snacks to take with you in your backpack. These snacks will be ready to snack on when you get to camp. The same thing goes for if you are in a hotel or other place to relax and eat a snack. A high-powered dehydrator can handle dehydrating food quickly. In contrast, the underpowered ones will require you to run it longer. Another reason to consider buying an underpowered model is that some need a small amount of maintenance.
- It is an affordably priced appliance.
- Another great feature is the fact that Smart Stores even makes air fryers, juicers, food processors. They have them all.
- It does not come with an automatic timer or thermostat. This will have you on your feet as you will need to keep a closer eye on your food.
- It is not a fully transparent machine.
- The Dash dehydrator takes a long time to dehydrate food, according to some customers.
Where to Buy Dash Dehydrator
The Dash dehydrator is a great way to preserve your food. It’s perfect for dried fruits, vegetables, and even meats. But where can you buy one?
There are a some options available to you. You can purchase the Dash dehydrator directly from the company’s website or various retailers.
The Dash dehydrator is also available on Amazon.com.
If you have any questions in your mind about dehydrating food, take a look below at the answers to the most frequently asked questions.
What foods can I dehydrate?
The possibilities are practically limitless when it comes to dehydrating foods in your food dehydrator. You can dehydrate pretty much any fresh food, but some things certainly work better than others. Fruits, like apples and bananas, work well, as they make great fruit leather or snacks on their own. Dehydrated vegetables also work well for adding to stews and soups. Meat and fish can create some tasty jerky that works well for backpacking and hiking.
What temperature should I dehydrate my foods at?
The temperature at which you dehydrate your foods is going to depend on the foods yourself, but here’s a quick reference guide:
- Meat and fish – 160°F
- Fruits – 135°F
- Vegetables – 125°F
- Herbs and greens – 95°F
This general guideline will help ensure that all the foods you dehydrate turn out as good as possible. However, don’t be afraid to adjust your dehydration temperatures based on your personal preferences – there’s no wrong way to dehydrate food.
How long does dehydrating food take?
The answer to this question will depend on several factors. The dehydrating power of your machine, the humidity in your home, how you prepared the food before dehydrating it, and more can influence how quickly or slowly your food dehydrates. However, patience is the key here, and the longer you leave your food to dehydrate, the better it is likely to turn out. Try to avoid taking it out of the dehydrator too quickly, or you may be left with an unsatisfying mess.
If the above model is not quite suited to your needs or what you had in mind, take a look at these two great alternative options to see if they are better equipped for your home.
Ronco 5-Tray Food Dehydrator
If you want something a little simpler and cheaper, consider this five-tray food dehydrator from Ronco. It comes with five stackable trays that you can place atop one another for simultaneous dehydration, allowing you to maximize the amount of food you can dehydrate at once.
It also has air and heat circulation features that allow your food to dry quickly and evenly. The adjustable base and lid vents are designed to offer enough circulation to properly dehydrate your foods, ensuring even dehydration across all five trays.
The great thing about the Ronco food dehydrator is that it does not have any fussy controls. Simply slice your food, place it into the trays, and turn the dehydrator on – the appliance will do the rest. Dehydration has never been so simple.
Chefman 5-Tray Food Dehydrator
The Chefman food dehydrator is for those who are looking for something a little more compact. It comes with trays that, while only 11.4-inches across, are spacious enough to allow you to dehydrate plenty of foods. There are also variable tray heights and a convenient, transparent window that lets you see your food as it dries out.
We also enjoy the easy-clean trays, which only require a simple wipe-down with some soapy water to cleanse. You can adjust the temperature as well, allowing you to achieve the ideal dehydrated snack.
Take a look at this product and make sure you take advantage of all of the amazing features. If you want to cut down on your grocery bill, this could be a great addition to your kitchen. Not only will you be saving money, but also will be cutting down on your waste as well.
When it comes to the reviews on the products, there are so many to choose from. When looking at the reviews, you will want to make sure that the ones you read are from consumers who used the product. You will also need to make certain these are written by people who have purchased this dehydrator to write about their experience with the product. Reading through several different reviews will help you decide if this is the right product for you.
We really liked the five stackable trays that collapse into each other, saving you a lot more storage space.
We at Dehydrated Foodz also liked how easy it is to use; just switch it on and use the adjustable temperature, and your good to go.
So what are you waiting for? Get a Dash dehydrator today and start enjoying fresher foods in no time.