A Compact Food Dehydrator for Your Countertop
The Commercial Chef CCD 100W6 New Food Dehydrator has a 9.92” x 9.43” white base and stands 7.01” high. This countertop unit weighs only 3.3 pounds. Its attractive clear five plastic tray system sits atop the white base, easily fitting into many modern kitchen motifs. The unit may draw up to a full 245 watts, controlled by an analog controller ranging from Off to On (setting 104 degrees F) to Full On (setting of 158 degrees F) in five setting steps. The heating element and the unit’s fan are mounted in the base of the unit. Air is efficiently heated and passed through the plastic trays containing the food items being dehydrated. Those clear plastic trays are adjustable within the dehydrator unit, allowing foods of various thicknesses to be accommodated. No tray rotation is required to augment air flow. Trays are readily removed and easily cleaned. Although noise levels have not been formally reported, users report no offensive sounds or loudness.
Last update on 2021-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Ease of Use.
The Commercial Chef CCD 100W6 New Food Dehydrator drying guide provides directions to equip owners to become the experts in the neighborhood in knowing how to prepare and dry a whole range of fruits, nuts, and vegetables. Even though food drying may be a complicated issue for some foods at times, the dehydrator’s manual provides clear instructions to process all foods in an efficient manner. Even a variety of meats can be processed for outings or camping trips with the valuable tutoring offered in this manual provided at purchase. Besides yielding apple and banana chips, and dried meats and veggies, the dehydrator can also preserve herbs and flowers. And, no, things don’t stick to those drying trays, but there may be some additional tips to be gleaned from the manual for accomplishing complete perfection in one’s food preparation.
The Commercial Chef CCD 100W6 New Food Dehydrator has been evaluated by 86 confirmed purchasers. Customer reviews showed that 72% of new owners found that this product excelled in meeting expectations, rating it at a 5 star level (1 to 5 star rating system). Another 13% found that the product exceeded expectations at a 4 star level. That is, 85% of new customers rated this dehydrator as performing better than average, but 6% rated the product at a 3 star level. Thus, 91% rated the dehydrator as average or better in meeting expectations.
Ratings by Feature.
Based on reports from the 86 confirmed buyers, the unit was rated 5 stars for ease of use, 4.9 stars for value in terms of dollars, and 4.7 stars for its ability to be easily cleaned.
The Commercial Chef CCD 100W6 New Food Dehydrator is currently being marketed at special pricing at Amazon as an “Amazon Prime” product unavailable to regular Amazon customers. Amazon Prime has free shipping incentives that also make purchase of this dehydrator an extra attractive alternative. The dehydrator is available from other vendors, some of them on the Amazon platform.
Comparison to Similar Dehydrators.
Amazon offered a comparison of several units similar to the (1) Commercial Chef CCD 100W6 New Food Dehydrator. They are (2) Presto 06300 Dehydro Electric Food Dehydrator, (3) Rosewill Countertop Portable Electric Food Fruit Dehydrator Machine with Adjustable Thermostat, BPA-Free 5-Tray RHFD-15001, and (4) NESCO FD-75A, Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator, Gray. All come with some version of free shipping. All are sold by Amazon.
(1) is smallest of the four dehydrators, base of 9.92 x 9.43 x 7.01 inches. The others take more counter space, (3) at 12.99 x 12 x 9.84, (4) at 13.75 x 22.13 x 13.87, and (2) at 14.5 x 15 x 6.25 inches. (4) sits twice as wide as (1).
(1) is the leanest of the four. (2) and (3) are almost twice as heavy. (4) is the heaviest at almost three times the weight of (1).
All four are made of plastic. (3) notes that it is free of BPA in its plastic composition.
(2) has a four tray system, (1) and (3) five tray systems, and (4) five to twelve trays. (4) has considerable reserve capacity.
(1) and (3) draw about 250 watts. (2) and (4) draw 350 watts more for a total of 600 watts. This difference may reflect faster dehydration times by products (2) and (4). Differences in power consumption may indirectly depend on type of insulation needed to protect countertops from deterioration with dehydrator use. Power consumption may differ based on foods being dehydrated. (2) may be more consistent in power usage since fan and temperature settings are constant.
(4) differs from the other dehydrators in that air flows down an exterior pressurized chamber and not through the trays. Drying is accelerated.
If you’re looking for a food dehydrator that is easy to use and will not break the bank then this dehydrator is the appliance to choose.
For more amazing reviews check out the best dehydrators here!