With the small, fun, efficient, and easy to use Oster food dehydrator, you can make delicious all-natural snacks, potpourri, dried vegetables, dried herbs/spices, beef or turkey jerky, homemade trail mix, apple snacks, banana chips, dried soup mixes, and more. No more waiting for your dried snacks it has them ready to eat in several hours instead of days.
This compact dehydrator features adjustable and removable four trays. This kitchen appliance uses a fast action dehydrating process produced by a centrally located heater and electric fan that flows air to reduce drying time.
In the below sections, we at Dehydrated Foodz will provide a detailed review followed by the final recommendations. Let’s get started!
Oster 4-Tray Dehydrator Review
How to Use
To use the Oster food dehydrator FPSTDH0101 lay the food out flat on the trays that are provided, ensure that the lid is securely in place, push the toggle switch to “on” on the appliance, and it takes care of everything else.
The dehydrator’s central located heater dehydrates food suddenly and efficiently. At the same time, the electric fan distributes air for faster, more even drying with no tray rotation needed.
Oster Food Dehydrator Accessories
Four adjustable and removable-trays come included with this kitchen appliance.
How to Clean
When you have finished using the machine, the lid and trays clean up quickly in the dishwasher or by hand.
The countertop food dehydrator measures at 14 by 13 by 9 inches.
Oster Food Dehydrator Temperature
The FPSTDH0101 temperature range is 140°F to 185°F. This dehydrator comes with an on and off switch and no adjustable thermostat.
It is reported that the device power consumption is 120V~60Hz 350W.
- It is straight forward to use and has a one-touch operation.
- It comes with four adjustable and removable trays.
- The heater is located in the center to dry foods faster and more efficiently.
- The electric fan flows air to reduce drying time.
- The lid and trays are safe to use in the dishwasher.
- It can make a variety of dried food snacks from trail mix, dried fruits, and vegetables, beef jerky to potpourri, or dried spices and herbs.
- The material of the dehydrator machine is plastic.
- This 4 tray dehydrator has an on and off switch.
- The product manual of this dehydrator is straightforward, easy to read, and simple to follow.
- This product only has an on and off switch, making it easy to operate for anybody, be it, beginner or expert.
- The trays are handwash and dishwasher safe, which gives you flexibility when it comes to washing.
- When it comes to the dehydrator’s performance, it is excellent at drying foods such as fruits, meat, vegetables, and herbs.
- One other good point of this appliance is that when the lid is lifted, it does not disrupt the drying process as the motor is at the bottom of the machine.
- It is lightweight and compact and can be moved and stored with ease.
- It has a transparent body that helps you see your food being dried without opening the lid.
- It is reasonably priced.
- Very easy to set up.
- The main drawback is that the Oster food dehydrator does not have an adjustable thermostat or timer.
- The Oster Food Dehydrator FPSTDH0101 does produce a loud noise when in use.
- Some people on Amazon have reported it stops working.
- It only can hold up to 4 trays and can’t be expanded, so it is not ideal for people who like to dehydrate food in volume.
- It is not very easy to clean.
- Oster does not provide extra trays, so you have to purchase the replacement trays.
- Some customers have reported that Oster food dehydrator fan shuts off when it is too hot and has to cool off for it to restart.
Removable Trays: Yes
Power Supply: Electric
Number of Trays: 4
Is It Reasonably Priced: Yes
Dimensions: The device measures 14 x 13 x 9 – inches (35.56 x 33.02 x 22.86 – cm)
Weight: It weighs 6.1 pounds (2.77 kg)
Heater Location: centrally located
Air circulation: Electric fan
Operation switch: one-touch
If you are looking for a dehydrator similar to the Oster brand, we recommend having a look at the Presto 06300. Let’s see what this appliance has to offer.
The Oster does have the on/off switch, but the Presto does not. With the Presto dehydrator, you plug it into the socket, and it turns on.
The Oster Food Dehydrator FPSTDH0101 comes in 14.00 x 13.00 x 9.00 inches.
The Presto 06300 comes in 14.50 x 15.00 x 6.25 inches.
The Presto Dehydro comes in plastic.
The Oster food dehydrator also comes in plastic.
The Presto is slightly heavier, weighing at 7.50 lbs and Oster weighing 6.10 lbs.
The Presto has four shelves that can be expanded to eight.
Oster only has four and cannot be expanded.
The Presto food dehydrator’s preset temperature is approximately 165°, and the FPSTDH0101 is 140°F to 185°F.
Both have see-through covers.
As you can see, the Presto 06300 does have some similarity to the Oster dehydrator. Both appliances do a fantastic job of dehydrating food. The Presto dehydrator is created by a strong brand that has been providing exceptional products for many years and comes with excellent customer service.
The Oster Food Dehydrator FPSTDH0101 will be more suited to someone who is not an avid dehydrator user. It would suit someone who does light food dehydrating and would be ideal for beginners. We liked this unit because you don’t need to press a lot of buttons to use the appliance, which is straightforward to use. This electric food dehydrator provides excellent value for money. Suppose you’re looking for a dehydrator that you will use occasionally and not regularly for a variety of foods such as meat and fruits. In that case, this product will surely fulfill your needs.
It’s important you read the right food dehydrator reviews before making an investment in a new machine.
Reading reviews is crucial to grasp the product’s reliability, effectiveness, price, ease of use, warranty, and customer support details.
We’ve searched through hundreds of food dehydrator reviews from across the web to provide you with these top-rated models.
We rate this machine 3.6/5 due to its price and ease of use.