The Chard Dehydrator is a convenient kitchen appliance that comes with a massive ten trays that allow you to dehydrate your favorite fruits, herbs, meats, and vegetables in bulk. See your food being dried with the transparent acrylic door, which also has a latch and lock to make sure the food is efficiently dehydrated. The appliance comes with a power supply of 800 watts that provides more than enough power for large jobs.
The Chard dehydrator gives you more than 1700 square inches of space for dehydrating your foods. It is one of the most effortless appliances to use. It comes with a temperature dial and an illuminated on/off switch.
Last update on 2021-05-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Let us have a closer look at this appliance.
Features of the Chard Dehydrator
- The Chard Dehydrator provides more than 1300 square inches of drying space.
- The 800 Watt heating element on the machine offers sufficient power for large dehydrating tasks.
- The large fan flows evenly heated air; this eliminates the need for tray rotation.
- It has a transparent door with a latch and lock door closure.
- The 10 large trays are included with the Chard dehydrator.
- It has a max temperature of 160 degrees.
- The trays are BPA-free.
- It comes with 10 trays.
- Can use all ten trays to make jerky and other foods.
- It comes with an on and off switch.
- It has a fan located in the back center of the unit along with the heater element. It circulates heat evenly between all the trays.
- The unit is made of metal.
- The trays are plastic, but many customers have said that the trays are sturdy and heavy-duty.
- This dehydrator does not have a timer like most of the brands in a similar price range.
- The Chard 10 Tray Dehydrator does not come with tray liners to make fruit rollups; you have to purchase these separately.
- The power supply is 800 watts which can increase electricity bills when in constant use.
- According to the manual, Trays are not dishwasher safe.
- The tray holes are big; this would make it very challenging to dehydrate foods such as blueberries, carrots, and celery.
This food dehydrator is 13-1/4 inches wide, 18.5 inches long, 14.5 inches tall.
Is it easy to clean: Yes
4.7 out of 5.
Is it easy to use: Yes
4.5 out of 5.
Noise level rating of 4.2 out of 5.
What makes the Chard Dehydrator stand out is its ten trays; this is more than enough to dehydrate all your favorite foods in one go. The clear door is another excellent addition to this machine. Most dehydrators have a transparent top that only allows you to see what’s being dehydrated at the top. This appliance has a transparent door that shows you all the trays so you can keep an eye on your food items.
The price is affordable compared to other dehydrators on the market, such as the Magic Mill MFD 1010, which has 11 trays and is over $200.
I believe this is an excellent food dehydrator that will be a great addition to the kitchen. We give this appliance a 4.5 out of 5 for performance and ease of use.
Looking for another 10 tray dehydrator, why not read our review of the Samson 10 Tray Dehydrator.