The Health Boosting Benefits of Dehydrating Citrus Fruits
Did you know that fruits and vegetables are wasted more often than all other foods?
It can be quite upsetting spending money on food just to throw it out because it went bad before you could eat it. However, if you start dehydrating food, then it lasts longer, which means that investing in a food dehydrator can save you lots of cash over time.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg, though, because there are many benefits when it comes to dehydrating food, including citrus fruit in particular.
- NOTE :Item does not have an on off switch. This unit turns on when plugged in.
- Four-tray system for dehydrating foods at a fraction of the cost of commercially dehydrated foods with no additives or preservatives
- See-through cover to monitor drying progress on top tray; Bottom-mounted fan and heating element provide consistent air flow for optimum drying
- Drying trays and cover are fully immiscible and dishwasher safe; Fruit roll sheets, nonstick mesh screens, jerky gun and jerky spice kits available
- Easy to store; Drying trays nest for compact storage; Cord stores in base
- Four drying trays included; Expands up to eight trays for added capacity
- This dehydrator operates at a preset temperature of approximately 165°.
Last update on 2020-01-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Keep reading to learn about 5 health benefits of dehydrating citrus fruits.
1. Strengthens Your Immune System
Your immune system is the only thing that stands between you and an army of germs and disease. Dehydrating oranges as a snack, for example, can help you boost your Vitamin C levels and strengthen that all-important immune system.
Vitamin C can also give you beautiful, glowing skin, so dehydrating fruit is a no-brainer for people who want to both feel and look healthy.
2. Improves Gut Health
If you’ve ever had to deal with diarrhea or constipation, then you know how important it is to have a healthy gut.
Because they have a high fiber content, eating a generous amount of dehydrated fruits can make your gut health pristine. Not only will you feel less bloated after you eat, but your bowel movements will also be better.
3. Increases Your Antioxidant Intake
Vitamin C and E are two types of antioxidants you can get from eating fruit. Antioxidants are important for your overall health because they help protect your cells from damaging free radicals.
Free radicals can cause cancer and they come from external sources, such as cigarette smoke, or external sources, such as inflammation. Antioxidants from fruit are a great shield against these pesky attackers.
4. Supports Weightloss
Are you a chocolate fiend? Do you scream for ice cream?
Fruit, of course, is a sweet treat too, but it’s healthier than processed sweets like cake. It’s an amazing fact that fruit is low in calories and, if it does have fat, it’s only a small amount. Not only is dehydrated fruit healthy for you overall, making it a great way to maintain your optimal body weight, but it can also be a replacement for bad eating habits.
Next time you find yourself with a sweet tooth, try dehydrating strawberries.
5. Boosts Your Mental Health
If you are healthy, you will of course feel healthy too, which will do wonders for your mental wellbeing.
Studies have shown that if you work more fruit into your diet, then you will be able to guard yourself against the negative effects of stress and anxiety.
Ready Reap the Benefits of Dehydrating Your Fruit?
Now that you know about the amazing benefits of dehydrating citrus fruit and more, you can begin your journey toward improved health and happiness.
Do you want to learn more about the tips and benefits of using a food dehydrator? Dehydrated Foodz is your ultimate resource. Check out this review on the Excalibur D900CDSHD.