You must be prepared for anything when you’re on the move. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best dehydrated snacks including freeze-dried for adventurers so that you can pack your bag with peace of mind. These are all delicious and nutritious options that will keep your energy levels high whether you’re hiking or camping!
These are the best brands we’ve found, all of which will give you a healthy dose of energy while you’re on the go!
Alpine Aire Bandito Scramble
A hearty and flavorful scrambled egg mix with potatoes, cheddar cheese, chilies, and spices to liven up your morning. You’ll never call any other breakfast just eggs again.
Designed with busy people in mind, Bandito Scramble is a healthy dehydrated meal you can take anywhere – it’s ready to eat the moment you are! With its easy-to-prepare breakfast food that’s perfect when on the go—tear one pouch open before boiling 1 cup (237mL) of water, then stir in contents; ready within minutes to eat.
This product contains 240 calories per package and 14g of protein per pack. In addition, this dish is gluten-free and satisfying all nutritional requirements – making it perfect for avid hikers!
- Great tasting flavor.
- We like that it is high in protein and low in sodium.
- Quick and easy to prepare.
- The serving size is minimal, so best for solo travelers.
- Price: it is expensive for the amount of food you get.
RX Bar Chocolate Oats
The RX Bar Chocolate Oats are not your average breakfast cereal. But, containing 12 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber, and 100% whole grain oats per cup, they’re the perfect start to any morning! Plus, with only a handful of core ingredients like egg whites, fruit, nuts, or chocolate and gluten-free ingredient plays an essential role in providing you all that energy need to take on even those most challenging tasks.
- Easy to prepare.
- Good size for on the go.
- Tastes great and is nutritious.
- It is overpriced.
Backpacker’s Pantry Peanut Butter & Raisin Oatmeal
Simple but satisfying, this Backpacker’s Pantry Peanut Butter and Raisin Oatmeal will give you the boost of protein to get you on your way. It has a simple list of ingredients, so you know what you’re getting, as well as being able to trust that it’s made in America and all-natural.
One serving contains 550 calories and 16 grams of protein. Each pouch weighs 4.6 oz.
The product is also suitable for vegans.
- Good size for on the go.
- The company has been making freeze/dehydrated food for over 60 years.
- It has a lot of calories.
- It tastes great.
- All natural ingridients.
- It is not gluten-free.
- It is expensive.
Backpacker’s Pantry Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Mix
Whether you’re a seasoned backpacker or experienced hiker, having the perfect meal is what separates being just another adventurer from becoming a legend. Whether your body has grown tired of oatmeal and peanut butter or you want to provide some sweetness for your weary party members, this Backpacker’s Pantry Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Mix will not disappoint. A lightweight option with freeze dried ingredients means that it’s never too early to start saving up space on your backpack! With mere minutes of prep time before serving and zero preservatives in the mix – this is good food at 300 calories per package! This satisfying meal also contains 13 grams of protein to keep you going strong.
This delicious, decadent, dark chocolate cheesecake is gluten-free and appeals to recent trends in more sustainable eating. In addition, this mix is Non-GMO & vegetarian so take your next backpacking trip knowing you’re still enjoying natural ingredients!
- Quick and easy to prepare with freeze dried ingredients.
- Premium ingredients in the mix!
- Backpacker pantry provides a variety of well-known flavors.
- Non-GMO, vegetarian-friendly ingredients make this the best option for sustainable eating while on your adventure.
- Gluten-free and no cooking required – perfect for any dietary restriction or allergy too!
- Lightweight with just 300 calories per package, meaning you can pack light without sacrificing taste or flavor.
- The product has a long shelf life.
- The taste is a bit bland.
Mountain House Ice Cream Sandwich
This tasty vanilla ice cream sandwich is made with delicious ingredients and freeze-dried to lock in freshness! No preparation is needed from the frozen pouch, which also reduces waste by using recycled used packaging with TerraCycle that has a two-year shelf life from the date of manufacture for outdoor recreation adventures.
What We Liked
- No preparation is needed; just open the packet and eat it.
- Tasty filling with a good amount of calories.
What We Didn’t Like
- There are only two flavors- vanilla and mint.
Nut Cravings Dried Kiwi Slices
This delectable bag is filled with mouthwatering dehydrated kiwi slices that pack a powerful punch against your hunger. Each serving has 100 calories and the power of supersmooth vitamin C and other essential minerals and nutrients.
Dehydrated kiwis work as an excellent low-calorie accompaniment for your sandwiches or salads, as well! with the convenience of being resealable.
What We Liked
- It is grown globally and packed fresh in NY.
- We liked that you can take the bag everywhere you go; the bag can stand up and zips for easy access.
What We Didn’t Like:
- The kiwi slices were hard but not chewy like most dried fruits we’ve tried. It was also too sweet.
This blog post highlighted the best dehydrated snacks, including freeze dried for adventurous eaters. These are perfect foods to pack when traveling because they don’t require refrigeration or cooking so that you can enjoy them anywhere! These best-of-the-best snacks for adventurers are healthy and portable from best-selling brands like Mountain House, Backpackers Pantry & Alpine Aire.
We hope you liked this blog post about the best dehydrated and freeze dried snacks to take on your next adventure!
Let me know what your favorite brands are in the comments section below.