Do you love dehydrator granola bars? I know I do! The only problem is that they’re time-consuming to make. That’s why I wrote this recipe post for dehydrated granola bars. But, you can have them ready in a couple of hours. They are so easy and taste delicious too!
Let’s get started!
What You Need
- Five cups of rolled oatmeal
- One cup of dried fruit this can be berries, cranberries, raisins, or apples.
- Three fresh apples
- Thirty pieces of dates
- One cup of almonds
- One cup of sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 a cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of oil
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- One teaspoon of vanilla
How to Make Dehydrator Granola Bars
- Peel and chop apples for the recipe, then adding the fruit to a mixing bowl that is large enough.
- Cut the pieces of dates in half and make sure to remove the pit to make them easier to work with. Soak these pieces of fruit in water for 15 minutes
- Process the dates and almonds together in a food processor until they are finely chopped, mixing them well ( make sure you don’t over mix them). Then pour into the large bowl with the peeled apples.
- Add the dried fruit, sunflower seeds, brown sugar, honey, oil, cinnamon, and vanilla to a bowl. Mix well, then add in the oatmeal until it is combined into the mixture that should be sticky but holding its shape. Play around with adding more or fewer oats if you want your granola bar dough thicker or thinner, respectively.
- Roll up your plastic wrap to make the shape of granola bars. Press down on them ( they should be half-inch in thickness) flat and then cut into 6-inch lengths that will fit nicely onto your dehydrator trays! Dehydrate for around four hours at 135 degrees Fahrenheit, flip over, and continue cooking until they’re dry enough.
- Remove dehydrator sheets and let cool before eating – this is when they will become crunchy granola.
- You can store your granola bars in an airtight container. To increase the snack’s shelf life, you can store them in the fridge, where they will keep fresh for around one week!
Tip: If you prefer a crisp granola bar instead of a chewy one (or if it’s just taking too long!), cook for an extra hour after flipping each tray in order to reach perfection – but no more than eight total hours because anything past this point might get brittle or even burned.
Ways to Eat Dehydrated Granola Bars
There are many ways you can eat your dehydrated granola. You can eat it as a snack, add it to yogurt or cereal, or even use it as a topping on desserts. Here are a few of our favorite ideas to enjoy dehydrated granola:
- As a snack: Eat your granola by the handful as a satisfying and nutritious snack.
- With yogurt: Add some dry granola to your favorite yogurt for a crunchy and flavorful breakfast or snack.
- On top of desserts: Sprinkle granola on top of pies, cakes, or ice cream for a delicious and easy dessert topping.
- In granola bars: Use dehydrated granola as the base for homemade granola bars.
- In trail mix: Mix your favorite dried fruits, nuts, and seeds with some dehydrated granola for a healthy and filling snack.
Dehydrator Granola Bars Health Benefits
Dehydrated foods are a great way to add extra nutrition to your diet and preserve food for later use. Dehydrators offer many benefits, including the ability to make healthy snacks and meals. One of the best things about dehydrating foods is that they retain most of their nutrients and vitamins, making this option a healthy choice for people looking to get the most out of their food.
One of the most healthy snacks you can make at home is granola. Granola is an excellent fiber and protein source packed with vitamins and minerals. When making your granola, you can control the ingredients and ensure it’s as healthy as possible. Making your recipe is also a great way to save money since you won’t have to buy pre-made products that can be expensive.
The Origin of Granola
The exact origins of granola are unknown, but it is thought to have originated in the United States in the late 19th century. The first granola recipe was published in 1863 by James Caleb Jackson.
Protein bars vs . Granola bars: Which is healthier?
The debate between granola bars and protein bars has been around for years. Both bars offer a convenient, on-the-go snack option to help you reach your daily nutritional goals. So, which type of bar is the better choice?
Granola bars are typically made with a base of oats, nuts, and dried fruit. In addition, they are often sweetened with honey or syrup, and some varieties may also contain chocolate or other flavors. While granola bars can vary in nutritional content, they are generally lower in calories and fat than protein bars.
Protein bars are typically made with a base of protein powder, nuts, and dried fruit. They tend to be higher in calories and fat than granola bars, but they also pack a bigger protein punch. As a result, protein bars can help you feel fuller longer and provide your body with a sustained energy release.
So, which type of bar is the better choice? It really depends on your individual dietary needs and goals. For example, a protein bar may be the better option if you want a quick snack that will give you lasting energy. However, a granola bar may be the better choice if you are managing your calorie intake or are looking for a lower-sugar snack.
Which type of nuts and dried berries should I add?
A few things to consider when adding nuts and berries to your granola. Firstly, think about the flavors you want to include. Do you want a sweet and salty mix or something more savory? Then, consider the texture. Do you want your granola to be crunchy or chewier? Lastly, consider nutrition. Nuts and berries are a great way to add healthy fats, proteins, and antioxidants to your diet.
Some of the finest nuts to add to granola include almonds, cashews, and pistachios. These nuts are all rich in healthy fats and proteins. Almonds and pistachios are also a good sources of antioxidants.
Dehydrated berries are another great way to add flavor, sweetness, and nutrition to your granola. Some of the best dried berries to add include blueberries, strawberries, and cranberries. These berries are all rich in antioxidants and vitamins. Blueberries and cranberries are also good sources of fiber.
So, when adding nuts and dried berries to your granola, consider the flavors you want to include, the texture you’re going for, and the nutrition you need. With a lot of options available, the possibilities are endless!
Do not use fresh fruit when making this recipe; only use dried fruit.
Can you make a granny smith granola recipe with a dehydrator?
Yes, you can make granny smith granola in a dehydrator! The process is pretty similar to make.
Check out the recipe on Food.com.
I hope you enjoy these granola bars. They are healthy and provide a great snack to have on hand for those days when your sweet tooth is craving something other than candy or cookies! Let me know what you think of them in the comments below and if this recipe has inspired any new creations that you would like help with.