Do you have a dehydrator? If so, then you can make delicious dehydrated yogurt bites! What is a dehydrated yogurt bite? It’s an easy and tasty snack perfect for summer or anytime you want to eat something sweet without all the preservatives. This recipe post will teach you how to make them, and we’ll also share some of the benefits and where to buy ready-made ones.
“I’m always on the lookout for new healthy snacks to keep around the house.” “In the past, I’ve dehydrated fruit and have been happy with how this snack turned out.”
“I decided to make dehydrated yogurt bites, and they’ve been a hit with my entire family.” So if you enjoy the idea of making your healthy snacks at home, you’ll want to give this recipe from Dehydrated Foodz a try.
What You Need
- Food dehydrator
- Thick flavored yogurt (any flavor should be ok)
- Fruit roll sheet or piece of parchment paper
- Air-tight container
How To Make Dehydrated Yogurt Bites In A Food Dehydrator
- Add 1/4 of yogurt drop onto a lightly oiled fruit sheet with a teaspoon, make sure the drops do not touch each other.
- Place in a food dehydrator (we tested this recipe with an Excalibur Dehydrator) for about 8-16 hours at 135 degrees.
- Remove the dehydrated yogurt drops from the fruit sheet while they are warm.
- Once thoroughly cooled, you can store them in an airtight container.
Tips for Making Dehydrated Yogurt Bites
Dehydrated yogurt bites are a great way to get your daily dose of probiotics while satisfying your sweet tooth. They’re also a healthy and portable snack perfect for on the go. Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect batch of dehydrated yogurt bites:
- The thicker brands of commercial yogurt dehydrate best, don’t go for the regular yogurt.
- Use a zip lock bag for squeezing the yogurt drops out.
- Depending on the size of the yogurt drops, they should be chewy to taste and have a hard exterior, and should melt in your mouth when eating them.
- Add your favorite fruits and flavors to the yogurt before dehydrating. This will give the bites extra flavor and sweetness.
- Try to go for a yogurt that doesn’t have a lot of sugar or sweeteners added.
Dehydrating yogurt drops is an easy way to make tasty snacks. We use them for camping and hiking trips, but they are also great anytime.
What Are Dehydrated Yogurt Bites?
Dried yogurt bites are a healthy snack you can make at home. Dehydrated yogurt is simply plain or flavored yogurt that has been dehydrated in an oven or food dehydrator. They are called by many names, including dried yogurt drops, yogurt melts, and even dehydrated yogurt.
They are smaller in size than dehydrated fruit snacks. Still, they make a great after-school snack for kids and a leisurely on-the-go breakfast or lunchbox addition for adults.
Benefits Of Eating Homemade Dehydrated Yogurt Bites
- Easy to make at home with no added sugars, flavors, or colors.
- Can snack on them for a quick treat.
- Great for trail mix recipes.
- Healthy treat for kids
Where Can I Buy Ready-Made Yogurt Drops?!
You can buy commercial dehydrated yogurt bites online or at most specialty grocery stores. In addition, I find a variety of them being sold on Amazon. You can also buy frozen yogurt drops online.
Fruit Combination Options
You can dehydrate yogurt in various flavors; there are endless possibilities for flavor combinations. Here are a few of our favorite fruit combinations for dehydrated yogurt bites:
- Mixed berries
- Banana and mango
To make these fruit combinations, combine the yogurt with the fresh fruit of your choice in a blender or food processor. Once the desired consistency is achieved, spread the mixture onto a dehydrator tray lined with parchment paper.
Check out this video for more flavor ideas:
Some Ideas For Using Dehydrated Yogurt Outdoors
Dehydrated yogurt is a great way to have a nutritious snack while hiking or camping. Here are some ideas for using it:
- Mix with fruit and nuts for a trail mix
- Add to oatmeal or granola for extra protein
- Snack on plain, flavored, or chocolate-covered dehydrated yogurt bites
- Make a parfait with layers of dry yogurt, fruit, and granola
- Add to smoothies for an extra boost of protein
With so many ways to enjoy it, dehydrated yogurt is a great way to have a healthy snack while enjoying the outdoors!
“Recipe” for Dried Yogurt Roll Ups
What you need :
- One cup of fruit puree
- One cup of plain greek yogurt
- Combine the fruit and yogurt in a blender. Pour the mixture over the prepared silicone mat.
- Turn the dehydrator temperature up to 135 degrees and continue dehydrating for 6-8 hours; this will depend on your appliance. Check on the yogurt every few hours (4 hours). It took me around seven hours.
How to Make Dehydrated Yogurt Powder
It’s simple to make yogurt powder at home with just a few instructions!
- Use a coffee grinder to crush dehydrated yogurt pieces into a fine powder.
What kind of yogurt works best for dehydrating?
Any sort of yogurt will work for this recipe, but we find that Greek yogurt works best. The higher protein content helps the bites firm up and hold their shape better during drying.
How long does it take to dehydrate yogurt drops?
It depends on how thick your yogurt is to start with. I have made very successful yogurt drops using both store-bought and homemade yogurt. The thicker the yogurt, the longer it will take to dehydrate. For store-bought yogurt, I like to use denser, Greek-style yogurts.
What does it taste like?
Its tart and tangy, unsweetened yogurt have a strong sourness. Dehydrated yogurt bites are an excellent snack for those who enjoy the taste of yogurt but don’t want the mess or hassle of preparing it themselves.
Can you use an oven to make yogurt drops?
Yes, you can use an oven to make yogurt drops, but it’s unnecessary. Using a dehydrator gives the yogurt a more consistent texture and flavor. If you don’t own a food dehydrator, you can still make this recipe using your oven.
Can you dehydrate vanilla yogurt?
Yes, you can dehydrate vanilla yogurt. Vanilla yogurt is an excellent protein and calcium source, making it a satisfying and nutritious snack.
You can use these dehydrator yogurt drops to make a quick, healthy snack for the kids and adults. They come in different flavors, and you only need some ingredients! Let us know how this recipe turned out or if you have any questions about it down below. We really love hearing from our readers, and we want to create content that resonates with you, so please share your thoughts on what we should write next time!