Do you have a dehydrator? If so, then you can make delicious dehydrated yogurt bites! What is a dehydrated yogurt bite? It’s an easy and tasty snack perfect for summer or anytime you want to eat something sweet without all the preservatives. This recipe post will teach you how to make them, and we’ll also share some of the benefits and where to buy ready-made ones.
“I’m always on the lookout for new healthy snacks to keep around the house.” “In the past, I’ve dehydrated fruit and have been happy with how this snack turned out.”
“I decided to make dehydrated yogurt bites, and they’ve been a hit with my entire family.” So if you enjoy the idea of making your healthy snacks at home, you’ll want to give this recipe from Dehydrated Foodz a try.
What You Need
- Food dehydrator
- Thick flavored yogurt (any flavor should be ok)
- Fruit roll sheet or piece of parchment paper
- Air-tight container
How To Make Dehydrated Yogurt Bites In A Food Dehydrator
- Add 1/4 of yogurt drop onto a lightly oiled fruit sheet with a teaspoon, make sure the drops do not touch each other.
- Place in a food dehydrator (we tested this recipe with an Excalibur Dehydrator) for about 8-16 hours at 135 degrees.
- Remove the dehydrated yogurt drops from the fruit sheet while they are warm.
- Once thoroughly cooled, you can store them in an airtight container.
- The thicker brands of commercial yogurt dehydrate best, don’t go for the regular yogurt.
- Use a zip lock bag for squeezing the yogurt drops out.
- Depending on the size of the yogurt drops, they should be chewy to taste and have a hard exterior, and should melt in your mouth when eating them.
Dehydrating yogurt drops is an easy way to make tasty snacks. We use them for camping and hiking trips, but they are also great anytime.
What Are Dehydrated Yogurt Bites?
Dried yogurt bites are a healthy snack you can make at home. Dehydrated yogurt is simply plain or flavored yogurt that has been dehydrated in an oven or food dehydrator. They are called by many names, including dried yogurt drops, yogurt melts, and even dehydrated yogurt.
They are smaller in size than dehydrated fruit snacks. Still, they make a great after-school snack for kids and a leisurely on-the-go breakfast or lunchbox addition for adults.
Benefits Of Eating Homemade Dehydrated Yogurt Bites
- Easy to make at home with no added sugars, flavors, or colors.
- Can snack on them for a quick treat.
- Great for trail mix recipes.
- Healthy treat for kids
Where Can I Buy Ready-Made Yogurt Drops?!
You can buy commercial dehydrated yogurt bites online or at most specialty grocery stores. In addition, I find a variety of them being sold on Amazon. You can also buy frozen yogurt drops online.
You can use these dehydrator yogurt drops to make a quick, healthy snack for the kids and adults. They come in different flavors, and you only need some ingredients! Let us know how this recipe turned out or if you have any questions about it down below. We really love hearing from our readers, and we want to create content that resonates with you, so please share your thoughts on what we should write next time!