Mozzarella chicken rollups are a great way to enjoy the food with family and friends. Read on to learn how to make this delicious recipe.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied or sliced in half lengthwise and pounded thin
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- ½ pound fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 medium clove of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt, pepper to taste
- Sauté the garlic in a saucepan with a small amount of oil.
- As soon as the garlic is fragrant, add the spinach and a pinch of salt and pepper to your taste. Toss to coat the spinach and cook until the leaves have wilted and most of the moisture has evaporated off, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, and wilted spinach.
- Divide each chicken breast into 4 equal portions, roughly square. Sprinkle lightly with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Divide the cheese and spinach mixture among the 4 chicken portions, spreading evenly across one surface.
- Starting at the longest edge, gently roll each chicken portion into a cylinder. The roll should be relaxed without being loose. Secure with a toothpick or skewer through the middle, or tie together with butcher’s twine.
- In a lightly oiled pan sauté each roll for approximately 90 seconds per side, flipping once. Just before proceeding to the next step, sprinkle the fresh parsley evenly across the chicken rolls in the pan.
- Transfer the rolls to a cookie sheet or oven-safe pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve after allowing to rest for at least 5 minutes.
Try out more delicious recipes here.